We are moving

We are creating a new site and an area for more discussion and participation please follow us on Worksearch.ie

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Adversity Protocol (Robin Sharma LWT)

I spent today with Robin Sharma http://www.robinsharma.com/ (along with 200 others). Robin if you do not know is a leadership expert, he travels the world teaching people how to lead without title. Today was a truly inspiring day and thank you to all the really great people that I met.

I wanted to share with you a tool Robin presented today. I feel this can have tool an immense impact on anyone facing the challenge of redundancy and unemployment. Robin calls it the "Adversity Protocol". In introducing the concept today, Robin talked about the challenges we all face and he made what I believe to be a truly profound remark "but for problems you would not get to own more of your resources"!!!!

The adversity protocol is a tool to reframe your problems and challenges into opportunities, this process of reframing is built on having a set of really good questions. I have discussed really good questions in previous posts and how much of an impact they can have on how we approach problems and challenges.

The adversity protocol questions go something like this;
1) Has anyone died here?
2) What's the opportunity here?
3) How could this be worse?
4) What am I grateful for?
5) How can I make this fun?

Depending on the circumstances they might seem like challenging questions. Is it not a good thing to challenge our thinking in difficult times?

One last point from Robin during this exercise which has stayed with me was his comment "gratitude cannot live in the same room as worry"!!!!!

Maybe try question 4 and see where you go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment